Sunday 23 March 2014

Chuckie's Best Bites


Over the past weekend I was fortunate enough to be in Melbourne for VAMFF. During my whirlwind weekend I spent a dreamy afternoon in the terrarium jar lantern/caravan/hideaway/wonderland that is Chuckle Park, located at 322 Little Collins Street, Melbourne CBD. 

I had won an Instagram competition called, "Chuckies Best Bites" whereby an image with a review of your favourite menu product can win you a table for 10 of food and drinks. 

During my last Melbourne weekender (in November last year) I had stumbled upon Chuckies for the first time and, seeing as pig is never an item on my menu, I took in a veggie frittata burger (amazeballs) and being a serial foodstagrammer, plugged the burger without even realising I had entered into a competition at the time!

Here is a snippet of the delicious afternoon that was. We were treated to a cheese platter, dangerously tasty cocktail jugs and tasting plates of the bar's best bites such as (my favourite) the veggie frittata burger, pulled pork burger, corn cobs and lentil salad. 


A homeless man also approached our table during lunch and we offered him a pulled pork slider. He loved it so much he came back for a second one about 20 minutes later! Good food (and karma) for all!

Chuckies is definitely a place for the people, with a wide demographic of patrons and menu choices to match. With hip club/bar New Guernica just upstairs (where we had boogied the night before and so well appreciated a hangover feed), Little Collins street's best keep secret is never shy of activities for visitors and locals.

I finished the afternoon's delight with a raspberry liqueur infused hot chocolate (or a, Chuckleberry Finn as it's cleverly titled) which was served in a vintage naval mug with toasts written on the back.


Make sure you check these guys out if you find yourself in Melbourne - you won't be disappointed (just like these happy campers with full, happy tummies!).


x E.

No comments:

Post a Comment